King’s Quest: Mask of Eternity Easter Eggs
I found several easter eggs for King’s Quest: Mask of Eternity that you can check out.
- The drawing that shows all the worlds (when you are waiting for the game to copy files to the hard drive) shows three ships at the top. Since the drawing gives me the impression that these lands are on the edge of the world, those three ships could be Christopher Colombus’ three ships about to sail off the edge of the world! If we can remember our world history… — Susan (6-27-1999)
- In Daventry, use a potion of reveal over near the trees halfway between Connor’s house and Sarah’s on the east side of the road. There is an apple hanging from the tree. Click on it, and Connor wears nothing more than Adam did — complete with little mask icon, however.
- In Daventry, the cliffs near Sarah’s house can be climbed. Find the tapered edge of the cliff and walk up it. Connor will need to do some jumping here and there to get to top. At the top, walk around until you see a little wedding photo of one of the programmers. Now getting down is a different story, so I suggest saving your game before climbing up.
- In Daventry, drink a bunch of beer in the tavern to see Connor get dizzy! Plus, you get health points! — Oblivion (6-3-1999)
- Click on any water fountain a bunch of times, and Connor will eventually find the need to burp.
- In the Dimension of Death, click on the tall box just east of the dead warrior in the entrance area 25 times. You will hear a recording of an annoying toy box that programmer Jeff Orkin had sitting on his desk.
- In the Dimension of Death, click Queen Freesa’s ice scepter on the Sylph three times to hear outtakes of one of the recording sessions. Click up to four more times to hear four other subsequent outtakes. It seems that Scott Bullock (voice of Connor) just could not contain himself with some of the lines used for the lever of life and the broken column, meaning these are bit off-color. Little ones, close your ears!
- In the Frozen Reaches, go to Queen Freesa’s castle. Click the sword on the nymph standing at the entrance. She will say something. Click the sword on the nymph standing to the right of Queen Freesa. She will say something. Click the sword on Queen Freesa. She will say something. Click the sword on the nymph standing to the left of Queen Freesa. She will say something. Put away your sword. Now go look at the northwest corner of the west wall (the section of the wall closest to the door nymph). You will see a series of bricks on the wall. Starting a the very top of the northwest corner, go down 3 blocks and over 7 blocks (total of 9 blocks). Half-covered blocks count as one block. Click several times on that last block (ninth block) with just the arrow cursor (no sword), and a little Leisure Suit Larry 7 character will make a cameo appearance. Listen to what Connor and Queen Freesa’s reactions to this character! It is a bit off-color.
- In the console mode, type oscar to see programmer David Wenger’s bassett hound Oscar floating around Connor in circles.
- In the console mode, type ruth to see artist Todd Bryan’s wedding photo floating around Connor.
- In the console mode, type welch-piel to produce a painting in Connor’s house Art Director Jason Piel’s wife.
- In the console mode, type rocket to show the type of rockets that one of the programmers had worked on as a researcher.
King’s Quest: Mask of Eternity Things To Do Just For Fun
Here are some interesting things that you can do in the game just for fun! Many of them contain funny responses.
- This may or may not work for your game, but if you make Connor move scenery like the sylph’s pool in the Dimension of Death. First run into the object (not all will move), and while Connor is hitting it or touching it, press F9. Then simply click on the object Connor is touching. Then press up, down, left, and right to move it around. With this, you can completely rearange the whole entire world!!! — KQ Masta (2-25-2001)
- Go to the southwest corner inside the Dimension of Death. There is a ledge halfway up the corner, such as the Hall of War. Backflip twice to get on the ledge. Go north on the ledge to the end. Go northwest in the corner, and there is a ledge halfway down you can land on. Do not jump! Just walk there, and you will embark on the infamous off-the-map adventures that many gamers have explored. — Mark VIII (12-31-2001)
- If you use the “teleport” cheat mode to teleport off the north north side of the map in Daventry, Connor can end up on a flat gray stone plain that seemed to be endless. Far north of this place is a gray stone wall that is like a very steep cliff that leads west to the edge of the plain. Down below was the bottomless abyss of the area outside the region (Daventry) where Connor can fall forever into darkness. — Matthew (12-31-2001)
- Jump off a very high cliff in the Barren Region that has lava at the bottom. Connor will die two times, first from the fall and then from the lava! — Matthew (12-31-2001)
King’s Quest: Mask of Eternity Death List
Agent56 has spent a lot of time figuring out as many ways to get Connor to die in this game! See if you have tried all the ways to get them to expire. Muahaha! Click here to load the death list. Note that the list may contain game spoilers.
King’s Quest: Mask Of Eternity Cheat Codes
There is a really nice game console mode in King’s Quest: Mask of Eternity that you may like to check out if you really, really want to cheat! To activate the game console mode, press SHIFT + CTRL + 7. You will not be able to control the game again until you press that key sequence again to exit the game console mode. Once you are in the console, you will see a prompt asking for a password. There is no password! Actually, it is more of a prompt for special cheat code words. Below is a list of code words you can do in the console mode. They are mostly case-sensitive. However, Sierra has said that these commands are not supported or fully tested, so do not be surprised if your game starts crashing or something. Use them at your own risk! You are forewarned!
- god : There has to be a God mode in a game like this! It makes Connor practically invincible from monsters, but he can still die from making contact with the River of Death and from falling great distances. To exit this mode, type ungod.
- teleport : Your map will clears completely. Click on the current world’s map, and Connor will be teleported to that spot. However, if you click somewhere high up on the side of a mountain, Connor could fall to his death!
- bump : This makes Connor move a little bit forward and through walls.
NoConCollide : This is the clipping mode, which means Connor can walk through walls and stuff. To exit this mode, type ConCollide.
- Some other commands:
- These are “Set” variables, and can be used in the mask.cs script file for permanent usage:
- set KQConner::reincarnate true/false : If Connor dies, he come back to life instantly!
- set allowAltEnter true/false : This allows the game to run in a window.
- give : This allows you to give Connor stuff that he has not gotten yet, provided you know the programmer’s name of the object. For example, if you want the mold in the Dimension of Death, type give mold. If you want a certain number of gold coins, let’s say 500, then type give SilverCoins 500. They were originally going to be silver. Here is a whole list of item codes. Some of them are bizarre!
King’s Quest: Mask Of Eternity Curiosities
If you have played King’s Quest: Mask of Eternity, you may have noticed some strange and interesting things that really do not have much to do with the main plot. We definitely have noticed some and decided to post them on this website. Click here to load the curiosities.
Just know that if you have not played or have not finished playing King’s Quest: Mask of Eternity, some of the information may spoil parts of the game for you.
King’s Quest: Mask Of Eternity Downloadable Files
There is a UHS hint file you can use if you have a UHS Reader.
- KQ:MoE UHS web interface
- KQ:MoE UHS Hints File (.zip, 22KB)
- KQ:MoE Quick Start Card (PDF, 765KB)
- KQ:MoE Manual (PDF, 600KB)
- KQ:MoE Desktop Theme (.zip, 2MB) Cursor files, icons, and sounds for your desktop!
Sierra did release two demos for Mask of Eternity. The first demo was a 54 MB game of the Swamp region, the third realm. Sierra then felt that demo did not adequately portray all that the game had to offer, so that demo was recalled and a second demo was released. It was a massive 122 MB game of Daventry, the first realm. Sadly, it seems that most old servers on the internet that used to have the game demo for download have since removed it since it is now an old game.
King’s Quest Mask Of Eternity Mp3 Soundtrack
There have been numerous requests for Sierra to create a Mask of Eternity Soundtrack CD because the music is just so awesome! Sadly, Sierra has no plans to create such a thing.