There are several easter eggs in King’s Quest 2 that you can check out!
- Type WHAT IS GRAHAM FIRST NAME and you will get a funny answer!
- Sometimes there is a very famous vehicle that comes out of Hagatha’s cave. Leave this screen and come back to it repeatedly until you see that famous vehicle!
- From the screen that had the trident, go up one screen and right one screen. Go behind the tree that is the closest to the right side of screen and type READ SIGN.
- On the cliffs after the snake, there is a boulder with a little hole in it. Type LOOK IN HOLE while standing in front of it, you will see a preview demo of Sierra’s Space Quest 1! Quite bizarre!
- On the cliffs after the snake and boulder, there is a cave. Stand as far inside the cave entrance without actually entering the cave interior screen. Try to fly the carpet to get an interesting message about Sierra’s Quality Insurance team. – Timothy (10-20-2001)
- At the very end of the game, notice everyone that attends the wedding! There are King’s Quest 1 and King’s Quest 2 characters present! — Outdorzgal (4-24-1999)
Things to Do Just for Fun
Here are some interesting things you can do in the game just for fun! Many of them contain funny responses.
- When Graham finally meets Valanice, type KILL WOMAN for a funny message! — Login (5-18-1999)
- Just for fun, you can type SAY and a word or phrase, and the game will repeat it. For example, if you type SAY YIPPEE, the game will say, “Okay, Yippee.” If you type a phrase, omit all the spaces. — Turner (1-13-2000)
- When you are inside Hagatha’s cave, and she is inside and cooking at her black cauldron, type KISS HAGATHA and see what response you get. — Matthew (7-25-2000)
- When you get a message in the ocean that you can no longer swim, press the ENTER key and quickly press the right arrow key until Graham is in the ocean screen to the right. Graham looks like he is still drowning, but he is not. Press the swim key again to swim normally again. — Mordack (12-31-2001)
Agent56 has spent a lot of time figuring out as many ways to get Graham to die in this game! See if you have tried all the ways to get him to expire. Muahaha! Click here to load the death list.
There is a debug mode for King’s Quest 2 that is similar to the one in the original version of King’s Quest 1, and you can do some very interesting and strange stuff with it!! I only suggest the debug mode for players who have already finished the game and want to just look around.
To start the debug mode, press ALT + D. Press ENTER to clear the pop up screens. You can start the teleporter mode, by typing TP and pressing ENTER. At the prompt, type a number and press ENTER. Some versions will automatically take you out of debug mode, so you can leave the screen. If your version does not do this automatically, then press ALT + D again. Here are some cool things you can do in debug mode:
- If Graham is swimming, teleport to a screen with land, and he will be swimming on grass! Better yet, you can position him and teleport to certain screens so that he walks on ocean water, in the sky, on cave walls, etc. Just know that he does fall a bunch and die.
- If Graham is swimming near the right side of the screen, teleport to screen 56. He should be swimming on top of the cliffs for this to work. Now swim left one screen. He will be walking now. Stop Graham. Look! He is walking in place! Step aerobics!
- If Graham is climbing something, teleport to a normal screen, and he will walk around in a climbing position. It looks really odd!! Boogey time!! Similar to the walking in place, Graham can stay in one place and “climb.” Yikes! He’s losing control!! Eeeh!! *laugh*This works definitely works for only certain screens, especially not when Graham needs to swim. Teleport to screen 67. Graham is on the dark, unlit stairs in Dracula’s castle. Only two white dots resembling his eyes are showing. Teleport to another screen, like a forest one. Look!! Graham is invisible! He can travel just as two eyes. Warning: This will not work for dodging dwarfs, wizards, Hagatha, wolf, etc.
- He can do handstands and body rolls almost anywhere. Teleport to a chasm screen. Set the speed to slow. Fall into the chasm. Immediately when Graham falls into the chasm, teleport to another screen. He is still falling! Stop him. Now you can move him left and right, up and down. Even though he is supposed to be falling, he looks like he is rolling!! He can travel like this on normal land. It’s kind of neat. Position him, and he can look like he is sitting on top of rocks and such.
If you have a non-collection version of King’s Quest 2, then you may be able to work some of the following code words in the debug mode:
GIMME GIMME (gives you all the items)
GET OBJECT (type in a number to get an item–no points for it though)
TP (teleports you to another room or screen – should work for most versions)
Show Var – Shows Variable – not sure what this means
Change Var – Changes Variable – not sure what this means
If you have played King’s Quest 2, you may have noticed some strange and interesting things that really do not have much to do with the main plot. We definitely have noticed some and decided to post them on this website. Click here to load the curiosities.
KQ2 Downloadable Files
There is a UHS hint file you can use if you have a UHS Reader.